BCAC is a community based organization that is dedicated to the enrichment of the Berryessa Community in North San Jose. We are concerned and interested residents of the San Jose City Council District 4 and all of the Berryessa Union School District.
- Unify our Community
- Broaden our membership to be representative of the citizens within San Jose’s City Council District 4 and any of the Berryessa Union School District 4.
- Advertise our meetings through posting fliers, participation in the San Jose District 4 mailing list, and press releases in the Berryessa Sun and San Jose Mercury Newspapers.
- Encourage liaisons from other neighborhood organizations and homeowner groups to attend our meetings.
- Lead the Community
- Sponsor and co-sponsor with other groups meetings about candidates and ballot issues, pro’s and con’s.
- Advocates and influence at all governmental levels about non-partisan issues of common interest.
- Write letters in support or against governmental actions.
- Encourage the membership to participate in volunteer capacities and elected offices to enhance that quality of life in our area.
- Solicit candidates for city commissions and boards.
- Solicit volunteers for school district committees.
- Invite high school leaders to attend our meetings.
- Provide two-way communication between the community and local governmental entities.
- Provide advance information to our membership before decisions are made
- Encourage elected officials: City, County, and State Assembly to give us an update about current issues of interest to our membership.
- Monthly update from the San Jose Police wounding within out area.
- Provide value add to our membership:
- Website with links to other governmental entities
- Copy of LWC (League of Women Voters) Facts for Voters
- Monthly meetings with topics of interest to out members
- Forum to meet and greet your Berryessa neighbors.